Our full day tour is designed to maximize the distance you travel, and the time spent on the water. We make sure you cover the most distance returning by water taxi so there is no need to paddle back to the start of your kayak journey.
Points of difference:
• Small, locally owned company. Maximum of 10 guests per adventure, this ensures a personal experience is provided by your kayak nature guide
• 4 hours of sea kayaking on Doubtful Sound
• This is the longest kayaking day tour of Doubtful Sound (up to 15 km of kayaking)
• Tour is suitable for beginners and experienced kayakers alike
• You will explore Hall Arm, which is famously referred to as The Sound of Silence
• With us you will explore more! One-way kayak to the end of Hall Arm and cruise back to Deep Cove (so you are covering the most distance)
• All transport from Te Anau and cruise from Manapouri are included
Meet us in Te Anau, we then transfer you to Pearl Harbour to the awaiting vessel.
A 30 km cruise across Lake Manapouri and a stopover at West Arm Visitor Centre to change into your wetsuits. Information on local history, flora, and fauna are shared throughout the day. Travel 22 km by coach over the Wilmot Pass with view stops along the way. Once at Deep Cove, it is time to paddle! Kayak in modern double sea-kayaks equipped with steering rudders. Comprehensive safety and paddling briefings are given. As you paddle this remote fiord you will enjoy views of towering mountains, ice-carved valleys & waterfalls tumble down over the mountainsides. Under towering Commander Peak its time for lunch and a complimentary hot drink (lunch is not provided). Continue your paddle into Hall Arm, explore the sheltered coves and shorelines, get close to nature. Your kayak concludes with awesome views of Mt Danae towering to 1500 meters above you. At approximately 2:45pm our vessel will pick you and begin the return cruise back to Deep Cove. Time to leave this land that we have been privileged to visit. Back across the pass and return cruise to civilization at Manapouri 5:15pm & Te Anau 5:30pm.
• Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Manapouri Lake, Manapouri New Zealand
Commences in:Te Anau, New Zealand
Booking, Reviews, More..
Worlds Largest Network Home
Wildlife on Video..