We love hiking and we love wine. Hermanus has many exciting hiking trails and exquisite vineyards. Imagine Yosemite's mountains, Malibu's beaches and Napa Valley's wines and you have the perfect mix to create a hiking and wine adventure. Let us take you on a 3 day hiking and wine adventure along our rugged coastline, through the Cape floral kingdom and into the aptly named Hemel en Aarde (Heaven and Earth) Valley. We have chosen some of our favourite hikes and will introduce you to our winemaking friends. September - November is Southern Right whale season and hiking along the Cliff Path walk is the perfect way to spot them. The rest of the year Brydes whales, dolphins, seals and sometimes orcas can be spotted. We will also take you to walk amongst a colony of African penguins. All finished off each day with pilates by the pool, a great way to stretch after a days hiking, and a delicious meal.
Begin your adventure on the breathtaking Clarence Dr (plenty of opportunities to stop for photos), see a colony of South African penguins in their natural habitat, picnic in Harold Porter Botanical Gardens then on to Hermanus for a pilates lesson and braai (bbq). The second day starts early in Fernkloof Nature Reserve where you will hike to Rotary Way, taking in the spectacular views. After brunch at The Lookout Point we will meander through Hamilton Russell vineyard to their tasting room on the lake. Enjoy their famed chardonnay, and others, before continuing on to The Wijnskool where Suné will prepare a delicious platter accompanied by Bartho's exceptional wines. Have a pilates lesson or relax by the pool before enjoying a traditional South African dinner. The final day will start with a pilates lesson before venturing along 6km of the cliff path that hugs our rugged coast. Peruse our farmer's market where you will be entertained as you shop for a variety of foods and gifts. Then it's back to the house to make ready for the return trip to Cape Town.
• Harold Porter National Botanical Gardens, Clarence Drive, Betty's Bay South Africa
• Stony Point Penguin Colony, Betty's Bay South Africa
• Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Hermanus, Overstrand South Africa
• Hermanus Country Market, Jose Burman Drive Hermanus Cricket Club, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
• Hamilton Russell Vineyards, R320 Hemel-En-Aarde Valley, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
• Bartho Eksteen Wijnskool, R320 Hemel-en-aarde Valley, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
• Hermanus Cliff Path, Westcliff Rd, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
Commences in:Cape Town, South Africa
Booking, Reviews, More..
Worlds Largest Network Home
Wildlife on Video..