Visit the Bo-Kaap, a significant contributor to South Africa's culture and language, enjoy a photo opportunity in front of the colourful houses. Pass the historical mosques, cathedrals and church steeples reflecting the architecture of Cape Town. Your next visit the SA National Art Gallery showcasing historical collections of modern and contemporary work, and the larger African diaspora. Pass some of 20th Century architectural masterpieces of Africa, before an opportunity for a lunch break at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront is provided. Make your way to the Zeitz Mocaa through the V&A gaining an understanding of how designers incorporated the past with the present. Your last visit will be the Goodman Gallery which showcased artists without bias during the Apartheid years.
9.00 - 10.00 am
• Visit the historical colourful Bo-Kaap houses to learn about how this mixed community helped shape South Africa and influenced the South African culture and language
10.15 - 11.30 am
• In the heart of the Companies garden visit the South African National Art Gallery showcasing historical and contemporary modern African art
12.00 - 13.00 pm
• Enjoy a lunch break at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront while visiting the its design and artistic collectives
13.30 - 14.30 pm
• Learn how the old harbour of Cape Town was re-shaped into a modern celebration of the past embracing the present, and visit the world acclaimed Zeitz Mocaa (Modeled after the Guggenheim Gallery in New York)
15.00 - 16.00 pm
• Visit the the Goodman Gallery that has played a significant role in South Africa's history and pass by some of the most splendid models of Colonial and Art Deco wonders in Africa prior to returning to your accommodation
Duration:7 to 9 hours
Commences in:Western Cape, South Africa
Booking, Reviews, More..
Worlds Largest Network Home
Wildlife on Video..