The tour commences with an opportunity to utilise the cable-way to the top of one of the seven natural wonders namely: Table Mountain (weather permitting). Capture a panoramic view of the Cape of Good Hope peninsula, the Mother City and Table Bay. Afterwards walk leisurely through the Company Gardens down below, and a visit the South African Museum. This is followed by a visit to the Castle of Good Hope (VOC fort). Built between 1666 and 1679 by the Dutch East India Company (VOC) as a maritime replenishment station. The Castle of Good Hope is the oldest surviving colonial building in South Africa.
The drive through the city centre would also take you past the Houses of Parliament, the Grand Parade and City Hall from where Nelson Mandela first addressed South Africans after his release in February 1990. Gain insight into this historical City that played host to various sea-fairing nations and learn how it has shaped this modern day democracy.
9.00 - 10.30 am
• Take the opportunity to use the cable way to the top of Table Mountain.On top there are spectacular views and refreshments available to purchase
10.45 - 12.00 am
• Visit the Company Gardens and the South African Museum, gain insight into this cities ancient history, European settlement, and how the shaped a nation and the world
12.30 - 13.30 pm
• An opportunity for a lunch break is provided in the heart of the City
14.00 - 15.00 pm
• Visit the oldest surviving European settlement building in South Africa, learn about its significance and the theater of power it portrayed over the past 350 years
15.15 - 16.30 pm
• Take a walk through some of the cities landmarks, pass the City Hall, South African Post office and Grand Parade, before driving past the house of parliament and other historical places of interest.
Duration:7 to 10 hours
Commences in:Western Cape, South Africa
Booking, Reviews, More..
Worlds Largest Network Home
Wildlife on Video..