Visit the Constantia wine region originally occupied by the first Governor of the Cape, gain insight into its past and historical significance. Learn the unique stories and fables that have been told over centuries. This region known for its sweet wine production is the oldest established wine farming region in South Africa. Tour through Groot Constantia, visiting the oldest Manor House in the region dating back to 1685 and old cellar built in 1791, which houses various artifacts and old equipment portraying the timeline of the Cape. Enjoy a wine tasting followed by an opportunity for lunch in the Constantia region. Move on to Uitsig an ideal setting for children and individuals. Finally visit Tokai, Pollsmoor and Steenberg and learn of the rich history of the ladies in this region that left their mark in history, travel via Constantia Nek and the Atlantic Seaboard back to the city.
9.00 - 10.00 am
• Visit the historical region of Constantia, learning about its history and unique stories that have captivated people for centuries. Your first stop takes you the homesteads of Lady Anne Barnard passing the first Commanders farm of Bosheuwel
10.15 - 11.30 am
• Visit the original homestead of the first Governor of the Cape at Groot Constantia. Tour the Manor house of 1685 and the old cellar showcasing many historical artifacts, laid out across a timeline of the Cape. Enjoy a wine tasting of white, red and desert wines that were popular with royalty and heads of states for centuries.
12.00 - 14.30 pm
• Enjoy a lunch break at Uitsig Heritage Park, and take the opportunity to visit the Norval Art Foundation
15.00 - 15.45 pm
• Visit the Tokai Manor, and pass Pollsmoor where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned. Visit the Steenberg wine farm, learn of unique stories of pioneering woman of the past including that of Catharina Michelse.
16.00 - 17.00 pm
• Visit the Alphen Manor home to the Cloetes, learn of Dr Barry, and travel back along the Atlantic seaboard, your guide providing rich stories of the past and insight into this regions uniqueness
Duration:7 to 9 hours
Commences in:Western Cape, South Africa
Booking, Reviews, More..
Worlds Largest Network Home
Wildlife on Video..